G5 Technologies is proud to be an approved provider of Friendly WiFi. It is the world’s first accreditation scheme designed to verify whether a public WiFi service meets a minimum level of filtering to block out access to inappropriate and harmful websites.
If you provide Public WiFi services and apply for Friendly WiFi then you can display the Friendly WiFi symbol to make it clear that their WiFi meets a minimum standard of content filtering. So you know if you see the symbol below that access to pornographic material and child abuse webpages (illegal content) has been blocked. Sites blocked are those known to the Internet Watch Foundation.
What are the benefits?
- Acknowledge your corporate social responsibility
- Be proud your WiFi, as a minimum, blocks illegal content and pornography
- Show that your WiFi is not only ‘present’ but ‘safe’ to use
- Be part of the Friendly WiFi online search directory
- Be part of Friendly WiFi social media activities
- Show your guests/customers and their children that you care
Other businesses already supporting and using Friendly Wi-Fi include:
- V&A Dundee