G5’s Cameron is now a Cyber Essentials ACE Practitioner – Advanced. This certification is held by individuals who have been trained in the testing of the requirements of the Cyber Essentials scheme up to the Cyber Essential Plus requirements. Cameron can now help businesses implement the controls and test their systems. We all knew Cameron was ACE but now its official!
What is an ACE Practitioner?
The Accredited Cyber Essentials (ACE) Practitioner is an IT professional:
- with at least 3 years of Information Security experience
- who has undertaken hands-on and theoretical training
- who is qualified by passing the relevant examinations to valid their knowledge of the Cyber Essentials Scheme.
What is Cyber Essentials?
Cyber Essentials represents IT security best practice for businesses of all sizes in the UK. To help more businesses become cyber secure, Scottish Enterprise offers a voucher up to the value of £1000 to support Scottish SME’s achieve their Cyber Essentials certification. Here at G5, we are urging Aberdeen and Westhill businesses to take up the government funded Cyber Essentials Voucher Scheme before it runs out.
You really have nothing to lose by applying for the voucher scheme to achieve the certification. Cyber security is even more important since the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) came into effect in May 2018 as there could be hefty fines if your business and any personal data is compromised in an attack. Any businesses that hold data, whether it is employee data, suppliers’ information or customer marketing records can benefit from increased cyber security and data compliance.
Why use a G5 ACE Practitioner to help with your Cyber Essentials?
Although very small businesses with a small number of staff can get the certification on a self-service basis at very low cost, these businesses often lack the technical resource, skills, or time to complete the process. The Cyber Essentials questionnaire may sound simple, but in reality, the questionnaire is time consuming and has over 52 questions. It is likely you will need someone with tech savvy – like an IT professional in order to complete it. This is where G5 can help you.
G5 now have staff that hold their Accredited Cyber Essentials Practitioner who can deliver Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus and guide you through the process as well as the voucher scheme if you chose to apply for it.
- A G5 ACE practitioner has the experience to design, implement and support suitable IT solutions within your specific profession or industry.
- A G5 ACE practitioner will give you step by step assistance with the Cyber Essentials process.
- A G5 ACE practitioner will work across your business to provide a new perspective on any security issues. This can help significantly with the speed and effectiveness of your compliance process.